The Pier House
"Apparently we missed the 5 killer whales majestically rising up by the pier by 12 hours Helén, but hurry up and come down to see the group of toothed whales swimming in circles for their prey!"
- Fred Inge
The Pier House
The Pier House originally served as "H.J Kristensen & Sønner´s" repair place for fishing net from 1930. The high standard Pier House flat (self-catering accomodation) on the first floor is renovated during 2011 - 2014 and the ground floor is reconstructed to a combined lounge and dining area, where you can choose to order a two or maybe a three course meal if you happen to be tired of cooking the food yourself. Every now an then people want to lay in hammocks during the night in the lounge to listen to the sound of rolling waves and the sea eagle sailing above the pier scouting for prey.
And to be very clear The Pier House is not by the water, it´s on the water and the huge pier can be used for many things such as fishing, enyoing the midnight sun, make peace, sipping on a glass of wine while dolphins, tooths wales and otters are swimming by and the sea eagle is flying high in the sky. Your alternatives are infinite, well at least almost...
Facts & Figures
The Pier House flat is 93 m2 and can host up to 8 people for 17 000 NOK per week
- Fully equipped kitchen (microwave, oven, dishwasher, fridge, freezer, coffee maker and kettle)
- Dining/lounge area connected to TV and DVD/CD player
- 2 bedroom with 2 beds in each
- 1 bedroom with 4 beds (bunk beds)
- 1 bathroom with shower/bath tub /wc
- 1 bathroom with wc and washing machine
Other more or less worthwile facts
- Made up beds, towels and hairdryer is included in the price
- Free WiFi-LAN
- 1 baby chair is available
- Some fishing gear can be borrowed in case you forgot to bring, but if you are going for the big cod or halibut we recommend you to bring your own gear
- No "hairy" pets allowed in respect of allergy sufferers (but they are more than welcome at The Servants Crib)
Final cleaning by departure is not included, but Fred or Helén are happy to do that for you for 1000 NOK
"I hate housework. You make the beds, you wash the dishes and six months later you have to start all over again."
- Joan Rivers